[vsni.co.uk] Contact us

ASReml  ~  Spatial bivariate animal model

srevans
Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Hi,

I'm using the autoregression function to model spatial autocorrelation in a bivariate model of two phenotypes in a bird population, using ASReml-R. Can anyone offer advice on whether it remain the case that bivariate spatial analyses relying on the autoregression function are best approached by relying on a design that averages correlations across the two traits (in my case, these are all positive), as described on this forum back in 2010: https://forum.vsni.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=706&highlight=spatial+autocorrelation

Univariate models find that all correlations are positive, which suggests to me that, although not a perfect solution (due to the averaging), this approach should identify at least some of the spatial autocorrelation present in my study site.

Thank you!
Simon
srevans
Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:31 pm Reply with quote
Hi, wondering if anyone knows how to specify trait specific spatial autocorrelation structures in a bivariate model, as a route to dealing with this? Something along the lines of the below (which doesn't work).

+ at(trait, 1):ar1v(col):ar1(row)
+ at(trait, 2):ar1v(col):ar1(row)
yzhlinscau
Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:32 am Reply with quote
srevans wrote:
Hi, wondering if anyone knows how to specify trait specific spatial autocorrelation structures in a bivariate model, as a route to dealing with this? Something along the lines of the below (which doesn't work).

+ at(trait, 1):ar1v(col):ar1(row)
+ at(trait, 2):ar1v(col):ar1(row)

you can try 'diag(trait):ar1v(col):ar1(row)'