[vsni.co.uk] Contact us

ASReml  ~  How to find predicted phenotype using EBV from ASReml?

g5614200126
Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Dear ASReml users,

Iíve been working to improve resistance against S. agalactiae in Tilapia, to increase time until death after challenged. After one generaton of selection, I used ASReml to predict EBV of time until death trait in both base (G0) and selected population (G1).

I can find genetic gain using mean EBV of G1-G0. But, I also want to find predicted phenotype in G1 too. I plan to find it using (Least square mean of G0 + genetic gain).

Is it the right idea? Could anyone verify it, please? I would be really appreciated.

Sincerely,
Sila
luansheng
Posted: Tue May 08, 2018 4:33 am Reply with quote
It is not a good idea to compare the difference between the G0 and G1 generations using the lsmeans due to large environmental differences in different generations.

You can use the realized response to selection to obtain the genetic gain based on lsmeans. The control families' parents are from the G0 generation and their EBVs are equal to the average EBV of the whole G0 generation.

Sheng Luan

g5614200126 wrote:
Dear ASReml users,

Iíve been working to improve resistance against S. agalactiae in Tilapia, to increase time until death after challenged. After one generaton of selection, I used ASReml to predict EBV of time until death trait in both base (G0) and selected population (G1).

I can find genetic gain using mean EBV of G1-G0. But, I also want to find predicted phenotype in G1 too. I plan to find it using (Least square mean of G0 + genetic gain).

Is it the right idea? Could anyone verify it, please? I would be really appreciated.

Sincerely,
Sila