[vsni.co.uk] Contact us

ASReml  ~  DHGLM in ASReml 4.2

vincent_careau
Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Is there new documentation on how to fit DHGLM in version 4.2? I found some documentation here:
https://niasra.uow.edu.au/content/groups/public/@web/@inf/@math/documents/mm/uow225970.pdf

And also in the document “What's new in ASReml 4.2” dated November 2017 (Build 4.2 mv). But I am wondering if there is more elaborated examples and help for fitting DHGLM in ASReml 4.2. I am trying to run a DHGLM in which there are random intercept and slopes to the mean part of the model and only random intercept fitted to the dispersion part, with covariances fitted between all 3.

If this is the code to allow a covariance between mean and dispersion effects at sow level:
!HGLM HSection
LS dev(LS) ∼ Trait Trait.age !r us(Trait).nrm(sow)

Then what would be the code to add a random slope according to age only to the mean part of the model, while estimating all of the covariances (i.e., a 3 x 3 co-variance matrix with intercept and slope variance fitted to the mean part and intercept variance fitted to the dispersion part)? Would that be the correct code?:
!HGLM HSection
LS dev(LS) ∼ Trait Trait.age !r us(Trait).nrm(sow) !r str(Trait.sow at(Trait,1).age.sow us(3).nrm(sow))